Level 3 Award in Wines
此高級証書課程專為資深葡萄酒愛好者 / 餐飲業管理人員而設, 提供更深入而全面的葡萄酒知識, 助你更能掌握世界各地的葡萄酒酒業運作. 此外, 本証書課程著重提高學員的品評技巧, 打開你的專業品酒之門.
For individuals seeking a core understanding of wines, this qualification explores the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown. You’ll learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes as well as key classifications and labelling terminology. A basic overview of the key categories of spirits and liqueurs will also be provided. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
The Level 3 Award in Wines gives more comprehensive coverage of the wines of the world, with an increased focus on tasting technique. It is designed to give a thorough understanding of the factors that account for the style, quality and price of the principal still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world. The qualification will assist those who are required to make professional evaluations of wines with regards to their style, quality and price.
This course is suitable for:
- People employed in the drinks and hospitality industries in a supervisory capacity, needing core information to advise management and customers with authority and make informed selections of wines and spirits.
- Wine enthusiasts who wish to acquire in-depth knowledge of wines and spirits and want to obtain an internationally recognized wine qualification.
The coverage of this 40 hours course includes:
- WSET® Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting and sampling of at least 84 different wines
- Natural and Human factors in the vineyard that influence style, quality and price.
- Human factors in the winery that influence style, quality and price
- The principal still wine producing regions of the world
- Principal sparkling wines of the world
- Principal fortified wines of the world
- Wine serivce, common wine Faults, Principles of food and wine matching, Social and health issues
To gain the qualification, one must successfully pass two exam units:
- Unit One – Theory paper with 50 multiple choice questions and 4 short written questions to be completed in 2 hours. A candidate is required to achieve a minimum mark of 55% on EACH part to pass this unit
- Unit Two – Blind tasting of TWO wines and produce an analysis using the WSET® Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting in 30 minutes. A minimum mark of 55% is required in order to pass this unit
Course Fee: $11800