Wines of Portugal Ambassador – Initiation Level
Date: 28 June, 2019 (Friday)
Time: 19:00 – 22:00
Venue: Hong Kong Wine Academy, Unit 1403-05, 14/F, 102 Austin Road, Tsim Sha Tsui, Kowloon
Course fee: HK$ 600
*Early bird discount: 10% (full payment received at least 2 weeks before class commence)
*Group discount: 10% (3 or more registered for the same course together)
*Total 15% off for students eligible for both early bird and group discount
Please send your details: name, date of birth, contact (mobile and email address), company name, position, to e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Payment can be made by either:
- Bank Transfer - to our HSBC bank account 112-275276-838
- By Cheque – payable to "Hong Kong Wine Academy" and mail to Unit 1403-5, 14/F 102 Austin Road, Kowloon, Hong Kong
- wine-savvy public, but without knowledge or very basic knowledge about the wines of Portugal.
- importers, agents, Sommeliers, restaurant a wine shop owners, retailer, distributors
To provide to the trainees general knowledge about Portuguese wines with a strong focus on the 10 grape varieties (Alvarinho, Arinto, Fernão Pires, Encruzado; Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Aragonez, Trincadeira, Castelão and Baga) promoted under the Wines of Portugal brand. The trainees should have a general idea about Portugal, they should understand the climatic, territorial and wine diversity of Portugal, they should know the existing regions (all) and the characteristics of the main ones (Vinho Verde, Porto & Douro, Bairrada , Dão, Lisbon, Tejo, Península de Setúbal, Alentejo), recognize the Fortified classic Portuguese wines, the 10 priority grape varieties and get basics of harmonization with Portuguese wine.
Number of wines for tasting: 12
Materials provided: PowerPoint presentation, Wines of Portugal booklet
Test: 15 questions test. Pass with 55% correct answers.
Certificate - It confers certificate and title of "Wines of Portugal Ambassador".
- General introduction of Portugal
- Climatic influences & terroir
- Wine regions
- Grapes varieties
- Portuguese wine styles
- Portuguese wines & food pairing
- Wine tasting session
Instructor - Mabel Lai
Certified Wine Educator of "Wine of Portugal" Ambassador Course